alisa, private guide in st petersburg
My name is Alisa. I am a licensed private guide in St Petersburg and owner of Petersburgtrip. We offer private tours and shore excursions that combine “must see” places and charming, but still off the beaten track sights that large groups generally miss. We design a well-thought route that allows you to see as much as possible during the time available. Private guide will give you a feeling of what it’s like to live in St Petersburg, so we often walk or travel by public transport (a private vehicle can be arranged though).
Currently we offer:
- visa-free shore excursions for 1-3 days
- ready-made tour programs for those who arrive by air or land
- private tours in and around St Petersburg - walking city tour, Hermitage museum guided tour, Yusupov palace visit, tour to Tsarskoe Selo (Catherine palace) and Peterhof
- excursions for St Peterline ferry passengers .
- customized tours
You can contact me by mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Advantages of our private guide services and shore excursions in St Petersburg:
- Save on a private car if you don’t need it. Our tours are mostly designed as walking or we use public transport to get to the sights, this way you save money, travel “local style” and can be more flexible with time – no need to run from museum to the car rented for specified time when you feel that you haven’t seen enough. Nevertheless, private transportation can be arranged upon agreement.
- Spend maximum time in the places you like. If you are taking a day guided tour to suburban residences such as Tsarskoe Selo or Peterhof you stay there as long as you wish. I strongly believe that it’s impossible to see these places properly during the short time given by standard tours. Unless the weather is very, very bad . But you didn’t come to Russia to stay at your hotel, right?
- The guide meets you at your hotel before all tours. Don’t waste your precious time trying to find out how to get to the meeting place in the unknown city or waiting for other members of the group tours. There are so many places to see in St Petersburg!
- We are doing our best to make our tours affordable, informative and entertaining.
In my blog you will also find information on transport, top sights in Saint-Petersburg and its suburbs like Peterhof and Tsarskoe Selo, travel tips and even recommendations on local food and places to eat. This blog is quite new, but I do my best to add information on regular basis. Your feedback is MUCH appreciated.
The famous Agate rooms in Tsarskoe Selo will be open after restoration in summer 2014. Agate rooms are situated on the upper floor of the Cold bathhouse complex and were used for relaxation and entertainment of russian empress Catherine the Great. Since the interiors were decorated with semi precious stones, the interiors became known as Agate rooms. In fact, mainly jasper was used, but back then they often confused agate and jasper and so the name Agate rooms survived to our days. Jasper is one of the hardest rocks and is very difficult to work with, but they used jasper slabs to face walls in several rooms. During the WWII the interiors of the Agate rooms suffered badly: Tsarskoe Selo was occupied by the nazi and in the Agate rooms a sort of military club was organized. Now the magnificent interiors are restored and will be open to the public soon.
You can take a private tour of Tsarskoe Selo
Nicholas palace folk show
Folk show at the Nicholas palace is one of the oldest in St Petersburg. It’s popular because it’s available almost all year round, but during the “low” tourist season, mainly in winter, they may have it not every day, but only when they get enough requests. The folk show lasts a little bit less than 2 hours, and during that time you can not only listen to traditional Russian songs and enjoy national dances, but also try some typical Russian snacks including canapés with caviar and have a shot of vodka.
How to get better seats for the folk show?
The Folk show at Nicholas palace is quite famous as the quality of performance and costumes is high, but if you want to choose a seat you need to come early. The reason is that seats are not generally indicated on the tickets, so the person who comes first has better chances to take a good seat. Since many groups are usually visiting the place in summer, it’s recommended to come in advance. Good news is that the hall where Nicholas palace folk show takes place is not very big, so you’ll be able to see the stage well even if you are not in the first rows. Tickets for the performance are sold at the Nicholas palace itself, but mainly they are distributed through numerous theater ticket kiosks and tour companies. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in visiting the folk show at Nicholas palace.
Address: The Nicholas palace is situated on Ploshad Truda (Labor square), 4. It’s a little bit out of the main tourist tracks, but in fact it’s relatively close to St Isaac’s cathedral. The nearest metro station is Admiralteyskaya.
Check other evening options in St Petersburg
Siege of Leningrad museum, child’s drawing: daddy, I am wounded, but alive
Blockade museum overview
The Siege of Leningrad museum is dedicated to one of the most difficult periods of soviet history. Starting from September 8, 1941 the city was surrounded by the enemy for almost 900 days and although the exact number of victims is still unknown, according to different sources from 300 thousand to 1,5 million people died during that period. The majority of them starved to death. Continue reading