2 day shore excursion “Best of Saint-Petersburg, Peterhof and the Catherine palace”
The most popular of our private visa-free shore excursions of St Petersburg as it includes the best attractions of the city and trips to the Catherine palace and the Amber room and Peterhof fountain park. It’s a mixture of the “must-see places”, some real-life experience, great food and hidden gems. The schedule is busy, but not overwhelming.
We always use a private car with driver the day we go to Peterhof and the Catherine palace, but you can choose between public transport and a private car the first day when we stay in the city. A private car on both days is recommended for groups with children, parties of 4+ people and those who are not able to walk long distances. St Petersburg is a big city and even if you use a car on both days you will have to walk a lot during the shore excursion.
What you will see during the 2-day private St Petersburg shore excursion:
- the splendid Hermitage museum. We will walk through the former reception rooms of the Winter palace, will see the old masters focusing on Italian renaissance art, Spanish art & the splendid collection of Rembrandt. Our tour will cover the Winter palace, the Small Hermitage, the Great (Old) Hermitage and the New Hermitage, so we will see the whole main museum complex. The impressionist collection can be included upon agreement (in advance).
- Peterhof fountain park with its unique diverse fountains and very clever engineering
- the Catherine palace with its splendid gala rooms and the famous Amber room. As a private group we will be more agile than big groups and won’t suffer from crowds that much (and we book tickets in advance).
- a walk along the Nevsky avenue – the elegant main street of St Petersburg. We will stop at some small monuments that are often missed by big groups, but such monuments create the spirit of the city.
- St Isaac’s cathedral and the Savior on the Spilled blood – the amazing churches of St Petersburg
- some beautiful metro stations – that are sometimes nicknamed”palaces for common people”
- a local market or a supermarket
- the Peter and Paul fortress– the burial place of Russian tzars and the birth place of St Petersburg
- opportunity to try authentic Russian cuisine – I strongly dislike preset lunches and take my guests to some places where locals like to eat. You can try the famous Russian pancakes, borscht soup, chicken Kiev, pies and many other delicious types of food.
Please note that all our shore excursions can be customized according to your wishes for free.
Other visa-free shore excursions in St Petersburg
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
Activity Level Strenuous
“The best of St Petersburg, Peterhof and the catherine palace” tour program:
Day 1: (private car or public transport)
09:00– meeting at the ship
09:00-10:30 – getting to the city center. Tour of the most beautiful metro stations
10:30 – 11:30 – city tour with visit to the Savior on Spilled blood church. A walk along the Nevsky prospect.
11:30 – 14:00 – Hermitage museum tour (main complex. the impressionist collection or treasuries are not included)
14:00 – 15:00 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
15:00 – 16:00 – city tour continues. Visit to St Isaac’s cathedral
16:00 – 18:00 – getting to the Peter and Paul’s fortress and tour of the fortress (including visit to the Peter and Paul’s cathedral
19:00 – return to the ship or evening options
Day 2 – private vehicle
09:00 – meeting at the ship, departure for Peterhof. On the way there you can choose between a visit to the farmer’s grocery market or a supermarket where you can find some local products (the guide will help to find them among international brands ) and learn more about everyday life of the citizens.
10:30-12:00 – tour of Peterhof fountain park. Visit to the Grand palace is not included
12:00 – 13:00 – driving to Tsarskoe Selo
13:30 – 15:00 – tour of the Catherine palace
16:30 – return to the ship
Please note that this is a sample program, the real one will depend on the dates of the stay of the ship and the entry time scheduled by the main museums. All the tour programs can be customized according to your interests and pace for free.
The private shore excursion price:
|# of people in a group||2||3||4||5||>5|
|Price per person, USD/ rub|
(public transport and private car)
|18 000 rub/|
|15 000 rub/|
|13 500 rub/|
|12 500 rub/|
|Price per person,|
private car on both days
|23 000 rub/|
|20 000 rub/|
| 16 500 rub/|
|14 100 rub/|
- cruise visas (tour ticket)
- private guide
- transportation (public transport on day 1 and private car with driver on day 2 or a private car on both days)
- museum tickets according to the program
- personal expenses (meals, souvenirs, etc)
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
Yes, the city is quite safe, but as any major tourist destination we have pick pockets. Make sure to keep your belongings in a secure place everywhere (including the museums).