St Petersburg Russia food tour
St Petersburg food tour is a great way to learn about Russian cuisine and taste some of the most famous dishes. But it is not the only surprise – we will also introduce you to some Georgian cuisine that is quite different, yummi and extremely popular in Russia. It’s a private walking tour that lasts about 3 hours. You will learn what Russian cuisine used to be like and what the citizens of St Petersburg eat everyday and on special occasions now.
On a food tour of St Petersburg you will try typical breakfast dishes – pancakes and “syrniki”. But it’s just the appetizer and more food on our food tour is to come! You will have the opportunity to choose what you want for your Russian meal – try delicious borscht soup, shi or mushroom soup (Russians love mushrooms), then decide between chicken Kiev, “pelmeni” or beef Stroganoff and finally a piece of different Russian pies. You are quite flexible here and can choose whatever you like. But it’s not the end!
Georgian cuisine will suprise you with hard-to-remember names of dishes and delicious food. The tour includes LOTS of food, so the hardest part is to stay awake and not to take a nap afterwards 🙂
The highlights of St Petersburg food tour:
- try the famous Russian pancakes in a typical fastfood
- grab a donut (called “pyska” ) in the oldest donut-place of St Petersburg. Even the governor of the city claimed that it was his favourite place. Well, the line will tell you that it IS popular & local.
- get a taste of Georgian food and try to remember strange words like “khachapury” & “khinkali” while you are savouring a piece of one.
- try the famous Russian “borscht” soup, chicken Kiev or beef stroganoff. The hardest thing is to decide what to choose.
- forget about Coke for a while and try typical Russian drinks like “kvas” or “mors”.
Welcome to the yummy St Petersburg!Other off the beaten track tours
First choice tours
Multi-day tour programs
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeFood
Activity Level Leisurely
St Petersburg food tour details:
Duration: about 3 hours
Tour price: 4300 rub/80 USD per person
Meeting point: your hotel
Start time: 18:00, other time upon agreement
Requirements: Russian visa. The tour can be customized as a visa-free shore excursion
Minimum number of participants: 2
- private guide
- lots of food
- soft drinks
- wine or vodka (you can pay for a shot of vodka extra if you are interested in trying it)
I do recommend to try some specific dishes, but in fact, the level of flexibility on this tour is quite high. I don’t like preset menus and want you to enjoy the kind of food you like. If you have any special requirements, please let me know in advance.