2 day “Food & culture” tour
This visa-free cruise tour is based on a variety of impressions and is designed for those who don’t like to spend too much time inside museums, but are always happy to try local food. The tour combines some sightseeing with a trip to Peterhof, a boat ride and a food tour or a visit to local’s country house with lunch there. Culture, food and everyday life combined together!
St Petersburg is about museums, so this tour includes visits to some of them (we picked up places that are totally different from each other).
Totally different museums and experiences:
– the Hermitage museum. During our visit you will see the amazing interiors of the former residence of Russian tzars and some great artwork. Even if you don’t really like paintings, the Hermitage is much more than that and everybody who comes here will have something to his or her liking,
– the Savior on the Spilled blood church – the most famous church of St Petersburg that can’t be missed,
– Peterhof fountain park – the amazing former summer royal residence where you can take a walk among dozens of unique fountains. Just the best place in my opinion,
– a city tour by car with photostops at the most beautiful places,
– a boat ride along the rivers and canals to see the city from a different angle,
– a stop to see some beautiful metro stations. Some of them do look like palaces.
Try authentic Russian cuisine
After the sightseeing program you will have a choice between a food tour of St Petersburg and some optional free time for shopping or a meal at local’s country house.
If you prefer to stay in the city center, you will try the most famous dishes of Russian and Georgian cuisine in local cafes. Georgian cuisine has always been very popular in our city as it’s very tasty and quite different, but most likely you have never heard about it. It will be your chance to find out what “khachapuri” or “khinkaly” are like, what kind or Russian pancakes are best and if Russian beef stroganoff tastes the same as in Europe or in the USA. Lots of different food included.
As an alternative for more adventurous people you will have a cool opportunity to visit a local’s “dacha” – a country house where you can meet the owners, have the famous borsht soup, make Russian pancakes (we will teach you) and enjoy Russian “shahlyk”. Shashlyk is probably the most common Russian picnic food in summer. It’s a mouth-watering kind of shish kebab: marinated grilled pieces of meat cooked in the open-air. Feel yourself Russian!
Please note that all our tours can be customized according to your interests for free.
See more shore excursions
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Moderate
Sample tour program (the real one will depend on the dates of the stay of your ship).
09:00 – meeting at the port, departure for the city center by private car
09:00 – 10:30 -city tour
10:30 – 11:00 – tour of the Savior on the Spilled blood church
11:15-12:45 – tour of the Hermitage museum (main complex)
13:00 – 17:00 – St Petersburg food tour & some free time or a visit to a local’s country house with shashlyk and pancakes making
17:30 – return to the port or evening options
09:00 – meeting at the port, depature for Peterhof. A stop to see some of the most beautiful metro stations on the way there.
10:30 – 12:00 – tour of the fountain park (visits to any palaces or pavilions not included)
12:00 – 13:00 – driving back to St Petersburg
13:00 – 14:00 – boat ride along the rivers and canals
14:00 – 15:00 – free time or lunch break if needed (payed extra)
15:30 – return to the port
|Nr of people in a group||2||3||4||>4|
|Price per person,|
|23 500 rub/|
|18 500 rub/290 USD||16 000 rub/250 USD||upon agreement|
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to customize the tour.
Payment: in roubles cash or by credit card at the day of the tour. The price in USD is approximate and given for information only as the exchange rate is constantly changing. You pay the amount indicated in roubles.
– cruise visas
– private guide
– private car
– museum tickets according to the program
– food & soft drinks during the food tour or a visit to a local’s house. Alcohol is not included into the food tour.
– a group boat ride ticket
– optional lunch on day 2
The guide will be waiting for you at the arrival hall with a piece of paper with your names. We recommend to give us your cell phone to be able to communicate if necessary (passport control on the first day may take longer than people expect because of the lines).