2 day shore excursion “All gems of St. Petersburg & local experience”
The most popular of our private visa-free shore excursions of St Petersburg as it includes the best attractions in the city and trips to the Catherine palace with the Amber room and Peterhof fountain park. It’s a mixture of the “must-see places”, some real-life experience, great food and hidden gems. The schedule is busy, be prepared. But, as a private group, we don’t need to wait for anybody else – so you can enjoy your time really sightseeing. (And not waiting for other 30 group members everywhere losing half of the time of the tour).
What we’ll do on the 2-day private St Petersburg cruise tour:
- Tour the splendid Hermitage museum. Discover former state rooms of the Winter palace & masterpieces by da Vinci, Raphael, Michaelangelo, Rembrandt, etc . Listen to fun stories of art & tsars. Impressionist collections and treasuries are not included.
- Discover Peterhof fountain park & feel the sense of humor of russian tsars
- Visit the Catherine palace with its splendid gala rooms and the famous Amber room. As a private group we will be more agile than big groups and won’t suffer from crowds that much (and we book tickets in advance).
- Walk along the Nevsky avenue – the elegant main street of St Petersburg. We will stop at some small monuments that are often missed by big groups, but they create the spirit of the city.
- Discover St Isaac’s cathedral and the Savior on the Spilled blood – the amazing churches of St Petersburg. They are totally different and definitely worth a visit.
- Look at some beautiful metro stations – they are sometimes nicknamed “palaces for common people”
- Visit a local supermarket – learn about everyday life & shop like Russians do
- See the Peter and Paul fortress– the burial place of Russian tsars and the birth place of St Petersburg
- Try authentic Russian cuisine – I strongly dislike preset lunches and take my guests to some places where locals like to eat. You can try the famous Russian pancakes, borscht soup, chicken Kiev, pies and many other delicious types of food.
- Peek inside a beautiful courtyard in the city center & don’t miss Eliseev food hall. It’s a place with amazing art-nouveau interiors and atmosphere of the beginning of the XX century.
- Make wishes where Russians do
We can customize the tour program for free- just tell us your ideas in advance.
Other visa-free shore excursions in St Petersburg
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Strenuous
“All gems of St Petersburg” tour program:
09:00– meeting at the port, departure for the city center by car
09:00-10:30 – city tour with numerous photo stops. You’ll see the embankments of the Neva river, Menshikov palace, the Spit of Vasilevsky island, the Square of Fine arts & the Russian museum, etc.
10:30 – 11:30 – city tour with a visit to the Savior on Spilled blood church. A walk along the Nevsky prospect.
11:30 – 13:30 – Hermitage museum tour (main complex. the impressionist collection or treasuries are not included)
14:00 – 15:00 – lunch break – try some typical food in a popular local place (payed extra)
15:00 – 16:30 – city tour continues. Visit to St Isaac’s cathedral & Bronze horseman monument, Eliseev shop
16:45 – 18:00 – Peter and Paul’s fortress (including a visit to the Peter and Paul’s cathedral – the burial place of tsars)
18:30-19:00 – a visit to a supermarket. Learn about everyday life ( if you prefer souvenir shopping, we can shop for authentic souvenirs instead)
19:30 – return to the ship or evening options
09:00 – meeting at the ship, departure for Peterhof. A stop to see some beautiful metro stations on the way there.
10:30-12:00 – tour of Peterhof fountain park. Visit to the Grand palace is not included
12:00 – 13:00 – driving to Tsarskoe Selo
13:30 – 15:00 – tour of the Catherine palace & a walk in the garden
15:00 – 16:00 – driving back to St Petersburg
16:00-16:30 – return to the ship
Please note that this is a sample program, the real order of visits may be different.
Tour price 2022:
|Number of people in a group||Price per person, USD, private car option|
Interested in our tours? Please contact us:
- cruise visas (tour ticket)
- private guide
- transportation (public transport on day 1 and private car with driver on day 2 or a private car on both days)
- museum tickets according to the program
- personal expenses (meals, souvenirs, etc)
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
Yes, the city is quite safe, but as any major tourist destination we have pick pockets. Make sure to keep your belongings in a secure place everywhere (including the museums).