2 day shore excursion “All gems of St. Petersburg”
The most popular of our private visa-free shore excursions of St Petersburg as it includes the best attractions in the city and trips to the Catherine palace with the Amber room and Peterhof fountain park. It’s a mixture of the “must-see places”, some real-life experience, great food and hidden gems. The schedule is busy, be prepared. But, as a private group, you are more flexible and can beat the crowds.
What you will see during the 2-day private St Petersburg cruise tour:
- the splendid Hermitage museum. We will walk through the former reception rooms of the Winter palace, will see the old masters focusing on Italian renaissance art, Spanish art & the splendid collection of Rembrandt. Impressionist collections and treasuries are not included.
- Peterhof fountain park with its unique diverse fountains and very clever water-delivery system
- the Catherine palace with its splendid gala rooms and the famous Amber room. As a private group we will be more agile than big groups and won’t suffer from crowds that much (and we book tickets in advance).
- the Nevsky avenue – the elegant main street of St Petersburg. We will stop at some small monuments that are often missed by big groups, but such monuments create the spirit of the city.
- St Isaac’s cathedral and the Savior on the Spilled blood – the amazing churches of St Petersburg. They are totally different and visits during a shore excursion are not to be missed.
- some beautiful metro stations – that are sometimes nicknamed “palaces for common people”
- a local market or a supermarket
- the Peter and Paul fortress– the burial place of Russian tsars and the birth place of St Petersburg
- opportunity to try authentic Russian cuisine – I strongly dislike preset lunches and take my guests to some places where locals like to eat. You can try the famous Russian pancakes, borscht soup, chicken Kiev, pies and many other delicious types of food.
We can customize our St Petersburg shore excursions according to your needs.
Other visa-free shore excursions in St Petersburg
- Reviews 1 Review5/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Strenuous
“All gems of St Petersburg” tour program:
09:00– meeting at the ship
09:00-10:30 – driving to the city center. Tour of the most beautiful metro stations
10:30 – 11:30 – city tour with a visit to the Savior on Spilled blood church. A walk along the Nevsky prospect.
11:30 – 13:30 – Hermitage museum tour (main complex. the impressionist collection or treasuries are not included)
14:00 – 15:00 – lunch break – try some typical food in a popular local place (payed extra)
15:00 – 16:30 – city tour continues. Visit to St Isaac’s cathedral & Bronze horseman monument, Eliseev shop
16:45 – 18:00 – Peter and Paul’s fortress (including a visit to the Peter and Paul’s cathedral)
19:00 – return to the ship or evening options
09:00 – meeting at the ship, departure for Peterhof. On the way there you can choose between a visit to the farmer’s grocery market or a supermarket where you can find some local products (the guide will help to find them among international brands ) and learn more about everyday life of the citizens.
10:30-12:00 – tour of Peterhof fountain park. Visit to the Grand palace is not included
12:00 – 13:00 – driving to Tsarskoe Selo
13:30 – 15:00 – tour of the Catherine palace
16:00-16:30 – return to the ship
Please note that this is a sample program, the real order of visits may be different. If you are interested, we can move around by public transport on the first day.
|Number of people in a group||Price per person, USD, private car option|
Payment: In USD via bank transfer beforehand or cash in roubles on the first day of the tour. If payment is made in roubles, Russian Cental Bank’s rate on the date of payment is used.
Interested in our tours? Please contact us:
- cruise visas (tour ticket)
- private guide
- transportation (public transport on day 1 and private car with driver on day 2 or a private car on both days)
- museum tickets according to the program
- personal expenses (meals, souvenirs, etc)
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
Yes, the city is quite safe, but as any major tourist destination we have pick pockets. Make sure to keep your belongings in a secure place everywhere (including the museums).