2 day cruise tour “City highlights, Peterhof & Faberge museum”
During this private cruise excursion you will see the most famous sights and off the beaten track gems of the city and will make a day-trip to Peterhof. This tour has a more relaxed program that allows to see the attractions at a more comfortable pace and enjoy the atmosphere of St Petersburg rather than rush from one place to another to try to cover everything (it’s impossible anyway and you will and up seeing nothing properly).
You can choose between public transport or a private car on the first day when we stay in St Petersburg and we will use a car on the second day to go to Peterhof. A private car on both days of the shore excursion is recommended for parties with children, groups of 4+ people and those who are not used to walking long distances.
The gems that you will see during this cruise excursion of Saint-Petersburg:
- a walk along the Nevsky prospect admiring palaces, feeling the spirit of St Petersburg and searching for hidden small monuments missed by everybody else,
- some beautiful metro stations
- all the buildings of the main complex of the Hermitage museum. Stunning interiors of the Winter palace and masterpieces by the most famous artists will leave you saying nothing but “wow” for hours
- St Isaac’s cathedral and the Savior on the Spilled blood church
- Peterhof fountain park – the former summer residence of Peter the Great famous for the amazing fountains. We will take a long walk in the gardens seeing them all and will be able to relax avoiding big crowds in the majority of places. It’s the most enjoyable place in the area of St Petersburg, especially if the weather is fine.
- a local food market or a supermarket
- the Peter and Paul fortress and the Peter and Paul caathedral -the place where St Petersburg was founded & where many Russian tzars were buried
- Faberge museum – a real gem in the heart of St Petersburg with the world-largest collection of Faberge eggs
- an opportunity to try mouth-watering Russian food in local cafes
Please remember that all the cruise excursions can be customized according to your interests for free.
See other cruise excursions in St Petersburg, Russia.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Strenuous
This is a sample program. Please note that the real order of visiting sites may be diiferent depending on the dates of your stay and the enry time scheduled by the main museums.
2 day cruise excursion “The best of St Petersburg, Peterhof and Faberge muzeum”
09:00 – meeting at the ship
09:00-10:00 – getting to the city center by public transport or a private car. Tour of the most beautiful metro stations ( a private car can be arranged upon agreement).
10:30 – 11:30 – city tour with visit to the Savior on Spilt blood church
11:30 – 13:30 – Hermitage museum tour (main complex). The impressionist collection & treasuries are not included. Please let us know in advance if you are interested in any of these sections.
14:00 – 15:00 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
15:00 – 16:00 – city tour continues. Visit to St Isaac’s cathedral
16:00 – 18:00 – getting to the Peter and Paul fortress and tour of the fortress (including visit to the Peter and Paul’s cathedral (burial place of Russian tsars
19:00 – return to the ship or evening options
Day 2 – private vehicle
08:30 – meeting at the ship, departure for Peterhof. On the way there you can choose between a visit to farmer’s grocery market or a supermarket where you can find some typical Russian products (the guide will help to find them among international brands) and learn more about everyday life of the citizens.
10:30 – 12:30 – tour of Peterhof fountain park. Please note that visit to the Grand palace of Peterhof can be included upon agreement ( it’s usually too busy in summer to be enjoyable).
12:30-13:15 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
13:30-14:45 – driving back to the city center
14:45 – 15:45– Faberge museum (independent visit or with an audioguide)
16:30 – return to the ship
The private St Petersburg cruise excursion price:
|Nr of people in a group||2||3||4||5||6||>6|
|Price per person, rub,|
public transport and private car
|19 000 rub||17 500 rub||15 000 rub||13 500 rub||12 500 rub||upon agreement|
|Price per person, rub|
Private car on both days
|25 000 rub||21 000 rub||17 500 rub||15 500||14 500 rub||upon agreement|
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
I still recommend to visit Peterhof even if the weather is not perfect as the place is truly unique. It’s possible to make the stay shorter though and to see more of St Petersburg during the free time. It’s NOT possible to go to the Catherine palace instead as tickets to the Catherine palace are booked long in advance and we will end up in enormous line.