2 day easy shore excursion “Highlights & Catherine palace”
This private visa-free shore excursion is designed for those who want to see some of the main attractions at a leisure pace. This is the shortest of our 2 day cruise tours. You will have a city tour with a visit to the Savior on the Spilled blood church and a short tour of the Hermitage museum. On the second day we will drive to the magnificent Catherine palace and have a cruise along the rivers and canals and some free time afterwards.
It’s a private tour, so we can overpass the crowds in the majority of cases. We book the tickets to the Hermitage and the Catherine palace in advance, so you don’t need to loose your time.
What you will see and do during this cruise excursion of Saint-Petersburg:
- a walk along the Nevsky prospect admiring palaces, feeling the spirit of St Petersburg and searching for hidden small monuments missed by everybody else,
- some beautiful metro stations
- all the buildings of the Hermitage museum. Stunning interiors of the Winter palace and masterpieces by the most famous artists will leave you saying nothing but “wow” for hours
- the Savior on the Spilled blood church with its exotic look and amazing mosaics
- the Catherine palace – the former summer residence of Russian tsars that is famous for its splendid interiors and the unique Amber room
- some free time for shopping or more sightseeing
- a boat ride along the rivers and canals (joining a group tour with audioguides)
- an opportunity to try mouth-watering Russian food in local cafes (meals are payed extra)
As always, our tour program can be modified to meet your needs. For example, you can include some additional sights or move around by public transport on the first day when you stay in the city.
See other cruise excursions in St Petersburg, Russia.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Leisurely
This is a sample program. Please note that the real order of visiting sites may be different .
2 day easy cruise excursion “Highlights and Catherine palace”
10:00 – meeting at the ship
10:00 – 11:30 – city tour by car with photo stops and a visit to the Savior on the Spilled blood
11:30 – 13:15– Hermitage museum tour (impressionist collection is not included)
13:30 – 14:30 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
14:30 – 16:00 – city tour continues. A walk in the Nevsky prospect area with several photostops & shopping time
16:30 – return to the ship
09:30 – meeting at the ship, departure for the Catherine palace
10:30 – 12:30 – tour of the Catherine palace with the Amber room and a walk in the garden.
12:45-13:30 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
13:30-15:00 – driving back to the city center. A stop to see some beautiful metro stations
15:00 – 16:00 -boat ride along the rivers and canals ( joining a group tour with audioguides)
16:30 – return to the ship
The tour price:
|Number of people in a group||Price per person, USD,|
by private car
Interested in our tours? Please contact us!
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
I still recommend to visit Peterhof even if the weather is not perfect as the place is truly unique. It’s possible to make the stay shorter though and to see more of St Petersburg during the free time. It’s NOT possible to go to the Catherine palace instead as tickets to the Catherine palace are booked long in advance and we will end up in enormous line.