2 day shore excursion “Walking & talking about St Petersburg”
Is looking at a new city from a car too boring for you? Then we have a lot in common: I also believe that the best way to discover a city is to walk its streets, mix with the locals, discover must-see places & find secret corners.
That’s what we do on this private shore excursion – we discover the sights in the center of St Petersburg on foot. And we see a lot as a person can see places where a car can’t park. On the second day we have a car to go to the most beautiful suburb of the city – Peterhof. An hour drive and we are in the realm of fountains, green trees, and can enjoy the views of the Gulf of Finland.
It’s a private tour – we focus on you, your interests & your pace.
What you will see and do on this cruise excursion of Saint-Petersburg:
- a walk along the Nevsky prospect admiring palaces, feeling the spirit of St Petersburg and looking for hidden small monuments missed by everybody else,
- discover the Hermitage museum & listen to the stories of art & tsars. It’s a “wow” place with lots of history as the Winter palace used to be the main royal residense. Nowadays the Hermitage museum has over 3 million pieces of art and we’ll see the main gems in a couple of hours.
- Visit the most famous churches – the Savior on the Spilled blood & St Isaac’s cathedral. The Spilled blood looks unreal with its mosaics that cover the whole space. And the history of the monument is tragical as it was built on the place where Russian emperor Alexander II was mortally wounded by terrorists.St Isaac’s cathedral is another gem. It took 40 years to build it and its interiors are grand – just one door of this cathedral is bigger than a 1-bedroom flat in St Petersburg.
- Enjoy the views of the Neva river – the Spit of Vasilevsky island is one of the best photo spots in the city
- Make the wishes where locals do & enjoy the atmospehere of Eliseev food hall– the shop with amazing art nouveau interiors
- Peek inside a secret beautiful courtyard, find the best stained glass windows in the city, learn how the citizens lived during the royal time, the Soviet period and how we live now
- Visit the Peter & Paul fortress– the birth place of the city & a great place to take pictures
- Walk the fountain park in Peterhof, learn its history and experience the trick fountains of Peter the Great (if you are brave enough)
- See the metro – it’s super deep & some stations are so beautifully decorated that they are nicknamed the underground palaces
- Try real Russian cuisine – pies, pancakes, beef stroganoff, borscht soup or anything you like
- See a ton of other places – palaces, churches & monuments. A church that became a swimming pool during the Soviet period, a palace whose owners invented beef stroganoff, learn about the personality of Catherine the Great when we see her monument… It’s just impossible to list it all.
It’s a private tour & as always, our tour program can be modified to meet your needs. Just tell us your ideas in advance.
You have to be a good walker to enjoy the tour – the city center is big. If you have doubts, consider having a private car on both days and we’ll combine driving & walking in the city.
See other cruise excursions in St Petersburg, Russia.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Strenuous
This is a sample program. Please note that the real order of visiting sights may be different .
2 day private cruise excursion ” Walking & talking about St Petersburg”
09:00 – meeting at the ship, departure to the city center by taxi
09:30 – 10:30 – a walk along the Nevsky prospect.
10:30 – 11:00 -tour of the Savior on the Spilled blood church
11:00 – 12:30 – tour of the city center with numerous photo stops
12:30 – 13:30 – tour of St Isaac’s cathedral & a walk to the Bronze horseman
14:00 – 14:45 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
15:00 – 17:00 – tour of the Hermitage museum
17:45 – return to the port by taxi or evening program (payed extra).
For example, you can see a ballet, take a boat ride along the rivers & canals, go to Faberge museum or have some time for shopping or walking around.
09:00 – meeting at the ship, departure for Peterhof by private car. A stop to see some beautiful metro stations
10:30 – 12:30 – tour of Peterhof fountain park ( a visit to the palace is not included)
12:30-13:30 – driving back to the city
13:30-14:15 – lunch break if needed (payed extra)
14:30 – 15:15 – a tour of the territory of the Peter & Paul fortress ( a visit to the cathedral can be included upon agreement – please let us know in advance if you want to see tsars’ graves there)
15:30 – 16:00 – learn more about everyday life & visit a local supermarket. A great opportunity to buy some delicious presents from Russia.
16:30 – return to the ship
The tour price (museum tickets included) 2022:
|Number of people in a group||Price per person, USD,|
public transport day 1, private car day 2
The price includes a private guide, public transport on day 1 and a private car on day 2, museum tickets according to the program, cruise visa, car admission to the port on day 2. Meals are payed extra if needed.
It’s a private shore excursion – only for your party!
Interested in our tours? Please contact us!
Guide’s service, public transportation & a private car on day 2, museum tickets according to the program, cruise visa, car admission to the port on day 2.
Meals, souvenirs, personal expenses.
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay and name of the ship.
I still recommend to visit Peterhof even if the weather is not perfect as the place is truly unique. It’s possible to make the stay shorter though and to see more of St Petersburg during the free time. It’s NOT possible to go to the Catherine palace instead as tickets to the Catherine palace are booked long in advance and we will end up in enormous line.