2 day St Petersburg cruise excursion “Must-sees , the Catherine palace & Faberge museum”
The visa-free private cruise tour includes the key attractions of the city , the magnificent Catherine palace, Faberge museum with the famous Faberge eggs and a visit to a farmer’s market. The tour is designed at a now-rush pace to dedicate enough time to the most famous museums rather than run from one place to another. You can choose between public transport or a private car the day when we stay in the city to get more of the local experience. We always have a private car with driver to go to the Catherine palace on the second day of the tour to make the journey more comfortable. A private car on both days is recommended for groups with children, people who are not used to long walking and groups of 4+ people.
Things that you will discover on this private tour:
- the Hermitage – the largest art museum of St Petersburg including the Winter palace – the former main residense of Russian tzars,
- the Peter and Paul fortress and the cathedral there – the place where the founder of St Petersburg Peter the Great and many other Russian tzars were buried,
- St Isaac’s cathedral – the largest and the most splendid cathedral of St Petersburg,
- the Savior on the Spilled blood church famous for its Russian-style look and stunning mosaics,
- the Catherine palace and the Amber room that will blind you with guilding, opulent decorations and will impress you with the number of visitors. But as a private group we won’t get stuck there and will have time for an interesting walk in the gardens as well,
- a walk along the Nevsky prospect – the main street of St Petersburg,
- a visit to a local food market or supermarket,
- see some elegant metro stations that look more like mansions than subway,
- see the amazing collection of Faberge museum and enjoy royal (and not only) jewelry,
- some delicious Russian food in authentic cafes
Please note that all our excursions can be customized according to your interests for free.
Other cruise excursions in St Petersburg
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Guided Tours
- Activity Level Strenuous
The sample program is described below. Please note that the real order of visiting sites and the schedule will depend on the dates of the stay of your ship. The visa-free cruise excursion program can be customized according to your interests and pace for free.
2 day private cruise tour ” Best of St Petersburg and the Catherine palace”
09:00 – meeting at the ship
09:00-10:30 – getting to the city center by public transport or a private car. Tour of the most beautiful metro stations
10:30 – 11:30 – city tour with visit to the Savior on Spilled blood church
11:30 – 13:30 – Hermitage museum tour (main complex). Impressionist collection, Gold or Diamond rooms are not included. Plase let us know if you are interested in any of these extra sights.
14:00 – 15:00 – lunch break at a nice local place if needed (payed extra)
15:00 – 16:00 – city tour continues. Visit to St Isaac’s cathedral
16:00 – 18:00 – getting to the Peter and Paul fortress and tour of the fortress (including visit to the Peter and Paul’s cathedral (burial place of Russian tsars)
19:00 – return to the ship or evening options
Day 2 – private vehicle
09:00 – meeting at the ship. Driving to Tsarskoe Selo. On the way we’ll make a photo stop to take photos of the beautiful Chesma church and monument to the Heroic defenders of Leningrad.
10:30 – 12:30 – tour of the Catherine palace and park (including visit to the famous Amber room)
12:30 – 14:00 – driving back to the city. You can choose between a visit to the farmer’s market or a visit to a supermarket where you can find some local products (the guide will help to find them among international brands) and learn more about everyday life of the citizens.
14:00 – 15:00 – quick lunch break if needed (payed extra)
15:15 – 16:00 – Faberge museum (independent visit or with an audioguide)
16:30 – back to the ship
The excursion price:
|Nr of people in a group||2||3||4||5||6||>6|
|Price per person, rub|
public transport and private car
|18 500 rub||15 500 rub||13 000 rub||11 500 rub||10 500 rub||upon agreement|
|price per person, rub,|
private car on both days
|23 000 rub||19 000 rub||16 000 rub||13 500 rub||12 500 rub||upon agreement|
– cruise visa (tour ticket)
– private guide’s services
– museum tickets according to the program
– transportation (public transport on day 1 and private car on day 2 or a private car on both days)
– skip the line entry to the main museums
Any personal expenses (meals, souvenirs, etc)
A guide in Faberge museum
The guide will meet you at the arrivall hall after passport control with a piece of paper with your name. I recommend to give us your cell phone number in international format to be able to communicate.
Yes, our shore excursions are visa-free. We will issue so called tour tickets (blanket visas) for you. You will need to print them out and show at passport control together with your passports. In order to issue a tour ticket, we will need your passport information – full name, date of birth, number of passport and citizenship, dates of stay in St Petersburg and the name of the ship.